Monday, May 12, 2008

So this what a good workout feels like!

Today I had good training sessions, and I'm so glad. The last month was awful, and this weekend I was overwhelmed by the bad training that went on. The past month was a lesson in what not to do. Loosing count during swim workouts, cycling the IM bike course with 30 mph crosswinds in the rain, running out of fluids and calories during runs and last week was the worst of them all.
Last week I had 2 flat tires and shredded my outer casing, forcing me walk 10 miles in cycling shoes. Last week I overheated in every swimming workout I did, turns out the Y likes their pool water warmer than my body does, 83* F is too warm! Last week also saw me going from a half marathon run the week before to not being able to run at all.

So today, when I was able to swim all 2200yds and bike 1hr 15 minutes with out incident; it was a GREAT VICTORY! What a confidence booster! This weekend I was contemplating not even doing IM wisconsin, so to have such good workouts put me back on track. Thank God for small victories because without some progress, something to show me this training is actually worth it, there is no way I would still be training.

No comments: