Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reflections on Racine

Here are some things I need to improve and can improve between now and September 7.

Swimming, I need to get used to swimming when it's chaotic so, Whitecaps? I'll be out there, too cold? I'll be out there, learning to get more comfy with bad conditions.

Transition times, I don't think it will be a problem during IM as there is much more space for stuff but it took far longer than it should have for both transitions during this 1/2 Ironman, mostly due to me not being able to lay anything out(no space).

Electrolight Balance, Start taking S-caps/endurolights from the start of the Bike. I payed for ignoring it, on the run. Looking at race photos I look like a balloon, lots of puffiness, and swelling, I'm thinking it was a combo of mild hyponatremia( I had several of the symptoms) and wicked sunburn.

Eat!, Food, find bars, gels, liquids that I can tolerate during the bike and stop eating at 30min before I start the run. Also, take in easily digestible calories on the run and maybe some caffeine to bring back my focus and concentration during mid to late afternoon when I usually loose it.

Bricks! I need more of them, it took 3 miles for my running legs to come back.

MORE RUNNING! I just like it the most, and I need to do some speed work(perfect time, 6wks!) I'm aiming for a RUN PR come september!!

Concentration, from the last 10 miles of the bike through the finish I just could not get myself to focus. Not sure how to get that back once i've lost it, suggestions???

No comments: