Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What I Want In Life

Freedom to explore the world. I want to be able to be helping people in Africa one month and then the next be exploring the mountains of south America the next. I want to travel all over the world. I don’t a nice house a nice car and “comfort” I want to be living in pup tent on the Savannah or wandering the Sini peninsula. I want to experience everything God has created and all his people. I want to make a difference in the world. But I want the freedom to do it on my own terms.

I don’t want to be stuck in an office somewhere eternally chained to a desk worrying about getting downsized. Or be in a shop some where stuck doing blue collar hard labor until I’m 60 and then dieing I want freedom. Freedom to travel, to train, and to make a difference in the world. Possessions don’t make life! I want a life different from what America can offer.

I want freedom, excitement, danger, and to help people on a personal level. I don’t really care about money. If I have the life I want I will be dirt poor in possessions and money. The truth is materialism is a sickness that I don’t want to have. The western world has become drunk with money and things and I don’t want them. I want to be interacting with locals helping them in their time of need. The most important thing is that I don’t want to be stuck here. Whatever I do it must involve travel and interaction with local peoples around the world. Weather they are Arab or African or Asian or European or South American I don’t care.

I do want adventure, and unpredictability, something that requires a creative mind, and something where I can make a difference. I am not content sit back and follow the American Dream. I have visions of John the Baptist wandering in the desert or of Paul on his missionary journeys, all though I don’t think I have what it takes to be a missionary.

I do want to help change peoples lives all around the world. I am not against hard labor, I am not against desk jobs. I just don’t want to be doing either of those when I’m 60. I want a fulfilling life, a life I can justify living. A life where I can change the world, and give everything for others. I don’t know how to get this lifestyle or what jobs I could find that would help me accomplish what I need to accomplish. I am open to suggestions.

No comments: